Our main objective at the Department of Radio, Television, and Cinema is to train our students as young and dynamic communication professionals in the competitive environment of radio, television, and cinema fields of the 21st century. In line with this objective, we offer a curriculum that will enable them both to develop their individual skills and use these skills within teamwork as a matter of course. In this context, we offer programs to prepare our students to work in the field through minor or double major programs, practical courses in our studios and in-house agency, internships in the field, and graduation projects as well as fundamental theoretical courses.
Our main objective is to become a department that trains our students as young and dynamic communication professionals who have the skills to apply their knowledge they have gained in the competitive environment of radio, television, and cinema fields of the 21st century, with the quality education
Our department trains professionals who are internationally competitive, questioning, researching, socially responsible and ethical concern, and ready to take active roles in the professional and social fields in the line with theoretical and applied up-to-date information in the fields of radio, television and cinema.
Contemporary science and education that takes its roots from Atatürk’s Principles and Republican Renaissance and conducted with a strong belief in serving society.
- To have knowledge of social sciences and art related to their communication field and programs;
- To be aware of scientific, social, technological, economic, legal, political and social developments;
- To have creative and critical approach related to their field;
- To conduct theoretical and applied researches to their field;
- To be compatible and perform efficient teamwork;
- To have national and international legislation and quality standards related to their field;
- To be sensitive about ethical awareness, human rights, cultural diversity, environmental issues, public interest and public service, and its legal and social effects;
- To have the knowledge and and experiences in the field; Adopting entrepreneurial and innovative approach awareness;
- To have the ability to communicate effectively in Turkish and English verbal and written;
- To have the skills to use computer software required by their field.
Program Learning Outcomes
To be able to define basic concepts, theories, methods and domains of study specific to radio, television and cinema by associating them with the findings and theories of humanities and social sciences.
To demonstrate the responsibilities, effective participation, coordination and planning skills essential for harmonious and efficient team work in the production process in the radio, television and cinema fields.
To be able to create media products in accordance with professional standards in various narrative forms and genres specific to the field by synthesizing current knowledge and skills for expertise acquired through applied and theoretical courses.
Manifesting professional knowledge and skills in different fields of radio, television and cinema fields such as copywriting, image management, editing, sound design, producing and directing, media management locally and globally.
To develop an understanding of responsible broadcasting by integrating national and international rules of law that media professionals should pursue with professional ethical principles.
To be able to use the knowledge and skills related to institutional operation and management in the production and broadcasting processes of radio, television and cinema for the common interest.
To evaluate radio, television and cinema fields in a wide range of cultural, economic and social relations from an institutional structuring to their products with an analytical and critical approach.
To have the ability to collect visual, audio and written data, conduct research, evaluate, report and offer creative solutions in the fields of radio, television and cinema.
To be able to design original projects in radio, television and cinema by following new technologies, developments and ideas in the fields of art, culture and media at national and global levels.
- Radio Studio
- Television Studio
- ILA - Communication Agency
- Mini Cinema Hall
- Editing Laboratories